Position: Electrical Installer.
This position of electrical installer or electrician consists of :
- repairing electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- ensuring that work is in accordance with relevant codes,
- installing or servicing street lights, or electrical control systems,
- selling business goods or services,
- the selling of which requires a technical background.
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools;
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformer, or other components;
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem;
- Direct and train worker to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures;
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment of repair, and to ensure compliance with codes;
- Maintain current electrician’s license or identification car to meet governmental regulations;
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes;
- Repair or replace wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools;
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of systems;
- Collaborate with sales teams to understand customer requirements, to promote the sale of company products, and o provide sales support;
- Confer with customers and engineers to assess equipment needs and determine system requirements;
- Develop, present, or respond to proposal for specific customer requirements, including request for proposal responses and industry-specific solutions;
- Diagnose problems with installed equipment;
- Plan and modify product configurations to meet customer needs;
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations that explain products or services to customers and prospective customers;
- Provided technical and non-technical support and services to clients or other staff members regarding the use, operation, and maintenance of equipment;
- Recommend improved materials or machinery to customers, documenting how such changes will lower costs or increase production;
- Secure and renew order and arrange delivery;
- Sell products requiring extensive technical expertise and support for installation and use, such as material handling equipment, numerical-control machinery, and computer systems.
- Use a variety of tools and equipment such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment including oscilloscopes, ammeters, and test lamps.
Qualification and Requirements:
- Training in vocational schools or an associate’s degree;
- Ability to determine causes of operation error and decide what to do about it, and to repair machines or systems using the needed tools.
- Ability to persuade others to change their minds or behavior;
- Ability to consider relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
Competencies (in order of importance):
- Attention to Detail – Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Dependability – Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfill obligations.
- Cooperation – Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-nurtured, cooperative attitude.
- Leadership – Job requires a willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction.
- Integrity – Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Initiative – Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Independence – Job requires developing one’s own ways of doing things, guiding oneself with little or no supervision, and depending on oneself to get things done.
- Persistence – Job requires persistence in the face of obstacles.
- Achievement/Effort – Job requires establishing and maintaining personally challenging achievement goals and exerting efforts toward mastering tasks.
If this describes you and you want to work for a company that delivers quality products, innovation and exemplary service to its partners and clients then please apply now by submitting a detailed cover letter to include your understanding of solar/energy industry and resume (CV) to us via email@example.com
We can’t wait to have you join our team.