Benefits of LEDs
LED (Light Emitting Diodes) are the latest and most exciting technological advancement in the lighting industry. LED lights are small, but extremely energy efficient and long lasting. Unlike the traditional incandescent and fluorescent light bulbs, LED lights operate differently.This makes LED lights far durable than traditional incandescent and fluorescent light bulbs.
LED technology also offers many additional advantages over fluorescent, incandescent and neon lighting devices. LEDs are currently being used for a wide variety of applications such as: residential lighting, industrial lighting, architectural lighting, automotive, traffic and safety & transportation
Why Switch to LED lights
- Efficiency. LED lights are extremely energy efficient and consume up to 90% less power than or traditional incandescent bulbs. As such there is a dramatic decrease in power costs. Although LEDs have a higher initial cost than our traditional incandescent and fluorescent light bulbs, the cost is quickly covered up over time in lower electricity costs.
- Longevity. LED lights have a lifespan of up to 60,000 hours compared to 1,500 hours for incandescent bulbs. A LED light will last several years of constant use before needing replacement. On average, LED bulbs can last up to 10 times the lifespan of fluorescent bulbs, and up 130 times longer than typical incandescent bulbs. Long lifespan of LEDs will dramatically reduce maintenance costs and lower long-term operating costs compared to traditional incandescent and fluorescent tubes.
- Durability. LED lights are solid state lighting devices that utilize semiconductor material instead of a filament or neon gas. LED is a tiny chip encapsulated in an epoxy resin enclosure, which makes LEDs far sturdier than traditional incandescent light bulbs or fluorescent tubes. Since LEDs don’t use fragile components such as glass and filaments, LEDs are able to withstand shock, vibration and extreme temperature.
- Ecologically friendly. LED lights are made from non toxic materials, unlike fluorescent lighting that uses mercury that may pose a danger to the environment. LED’s are also recyclable and considered Earth-Friendly.
- Zero UV Emissions.LED lights produce little infrared light and almost no UV emissions. Because of this, LED lights are highly suitable not only for goods and materials that are sensitive to heat due but also for illumination of UV sensitive objects or materials such a in museums, art galleries, archaeological sites etc.